This will be my last post in this little series, "A Little Face Lift." If you all aren't completely tired of the title, I sure as heck am! :) So, I promise to change it up with my next craft/decor/creative little project. I promise!
Our first house was the perfect little fixer-upper. Forget the fact that the hubs procrastinated like no other & my brother-in-law & father-in-law actually finished it while we were on our Honeymoon so that we could stay at our new home upon our return from Riviera Maya's Moon Palace. Props to them, huh?! We didn't even have a shower head & I was the naive Bride who was going to live there no matter what when the hubs suggested living in his parents' basement until it was completed. Are you kidding me?! We've owned the house for 6+ months pre-wedding. Get busy & get it finished - - was my response more than once. Sorry about that tangent; no grudges here, huh?! ;)
All that to say, we had a bit of wonderful decor from the wedding (mirrors, candles, candlesticks) to decorate our first home with & a lot of gorgeous wedding gifts. We had a front room & a living room that each had a fireplace. Needless to say, I had a lot of room to decorate & could do so with all of the new goodies. Fast forward a couple of years when we moved to the home that we now occupy. We have a front room/living room & a large family room/man cave downstairs. I've tried to use/salvage as much as my decor as possible. It is just so hard when the space is different! I can't justify buying new just because the space is "different." I have tried to use what I have & just add little bits here & there to make the decor really fit the space. There's more of it (space) but when one of the living areas is a "man cave" much of my decor is left in boxes. I refused, however, not to hang this wedding photo of the two of us (Circa 2004). For a few years after the move, the frame was a light tan as that's what worked in the other house. Last summer, I decided it needed a change & painted the frame black. It's been like this (below) ever since.
Recently, I decided I still wasn't happy with it. I guess you could say I thought it was boooooring. For a few dollars at heavenly Hobby Lobby & a few minutes digging through some boxes for the containers, I decided on this:
*2 black hooks that I spray painted silver
*2 artificial flowers 1/2 off at HL
*2 silver & gold containers purchased years ago at a 'Southern Living At Home' party
now known as Willow House
I must admit that I'm not done quite yet! My friend, Emily, invited me to an At Home America party recently where I decided I needed this for the doorway leading to the kitchen. A dinner bell! I mean, who doesn't need a fun way to call the family to dinner?! So, here are a couple of photos with the kitchen door way in view.
Notice the arrow in photo below- picture French Market Dinner Bell mounted there!
Let's just hope the hubs will cooperate & help me hang that cute little bell. I guess, if he doesn't, no dinner for him! Ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment