Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7.04.2011

Our 4th of July consisted of a tradition that was born in 1986.  When I was 4, I was in the very first little neighborhood parade wearing a red/white/blue swimming suit & riding my tricycle.  This parade still exists today.  Since Maddix was born, we have started attending this parade as a family each 4th.  Afterwards we go to Dr. Smith's house for popsicles & watermelon.  We follow that up with Lunch at my parents house & an afternoon of play.
 





We were quite surprised the following morning when we woke up to text messages suggesting we check out Decatur's Herald & Review Newspaper.  Reddington had made the front page with his goofy headband- HA! There was an article written about the parade titled, "Mt. Zion Neighborhood Continues Tradition."

Here is a copy of the photo from the newspaper.  The caption read, "Reddington Holt is dressed for the occasion."


I am fully aware that the Target Dollar Aisle paid off! I can't believe he even wore the darn thing.  Honestly, I think he forgot about it! I'm quite certain Reddington only made the paper because of the goofy headband - - - I mean, who puts a 2 year old in the newspaper that isn't SMILING?!  Sure, we think he's cute but he's OUR son.  We don't expect everyone else to think so, but we sure loved the picture on the front page.  Thank you, Target!

No comments: