Welcome to my first installment of We Have The Golden Ticket "Randoms." Thanks for joining me as I fill you with lots of randomness going on in my/our lives. I'm making no promises that this will -in any way- prove to be educational, help you sleep better at night, or advice that you cannot live with out. It's just that- Randoms- and will appear randomly on this little bloggity blog.
Why? Since I am no longer a fb junkie (& proud of it- Ha!) I need somewhere to share the random thoughts that arise. (See #1)
So here goes with WHTGT Randoms:
#1) I have recently given up on facebook - - for the most part. I still check my Notifications from time to time & comment when I have a chance. I'm trying to be on fb in "moderation." ;) I got a little addicted towards the end of the summer. What I mean by that is I was checking it so often that there were no 'Status Updates' to read since I had checked it before. During the summer none of this is a big deal. All of my responsibilites are taken care of (laundry, dinner, cleaning, organizing, etc) so if Reddington is taking a nap, I could be on facebook or blogging & it wasn't a problem. Fast forward to August 15th: when school started, I knew that the time had come for me to make a change. When Reddington & I get home it's around 5 p.m. which makes it about an 11 hour work day. I hit the ground running with dinner, picking up, unloading bags, & so on. After dinner it's time for playing, reading books, going outside, & getting ready for the next day. Bathtime & bedtime are typically between 8-9 p.m. for Reddington & I follow soon afterwards. I just decided that I'd rather have sleep than fb. Also, when I see people, there's sometimes nothing to discuss because we know everything about each other because of fb. SO >>>> with the addition of WHTGT Randoms you will now be clued in a little more to our daily lives since I'm not really on fb, anymore.
#2) We are officially in PoTtYtRaInInG mode. That's right - I SAID IT - and have quickly realized that there's no turning back. All summer I had thought about it but didn't thing that Reddington was "ready." Then I realized - I may not be the one that's ready. It had nothing to do with him. I then decided that was unfair & it was worth a try since he will turn 3 in February. We started a week ago today & he is doing sooooooooooo good. Nothing perfect but making progress with fewer accidents. I do give him a "special treat" for doing his buisness & he loves it. (4-5 M & M's or Candy Corn). On Wednesday he decided that he wanted to wear these to the babysitters house. That is about a 40 minute drive so I was a bit nervous. Turns out, no reason to be! He did wonderful. I do see how this can be a process that takes awhile. He averages about 2 accidents/day & is only in a diaper for nap time & bed time. That is why I say we are "pottytraining" and he is in no way "pottytrained." Bribery can work ;)
#3) I finished reading Heaven Is For Real this week. Oh my word. Let me just say it is one of my favorites. I can actually picture heaven in my mind because of it. It changed my view of heaven in a very positive way. Not that I had any type of negative view- it just made me a bit excited for when that time comes & my time on this earth is over. This is a book you must get your hands on - - pronto!
#4) Last Thursday I was "gifted" an iPad 2. Hubby had his doubts. He basically said, "If something is too good to be true, it usually is!" I know we've all heard, if not said that before. Well, our principal introduced us to a professor from EIU that has a Federal Grant program to fund iPads in the classroom if a teacher uses it for educational purposes & uses the Library of Congress website as a resource. My response = Sign me up! We (4 of my co-workers + me) have committed to teaching two lessons in the classroom using the iPad 2. We will meet for about 6 hours together over the next couple of months (after school hours), present our lessons in class, turn in a reflection, & enjoy a FREE iPad 2. Since our principal didn't want to be responsible for keeping track of the iPads, he's requiring us to do the training after school hours so that it is ours to keep with no tie to the District. *I am currently loving it. I couldn't have justified spending the money on one so I'm enjoying this one quite a bit. What a cool blessing! I will admit - - I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the new iPad 2 or this new purchase. :)
#5) My Dad's Birthday is TODAY. We are excited to be spending the day as a family at the U of I Football Game in Champaign. Kickoff is at 2:30. I usually go for the food but I'm actually excited for Reddington to go to his first Illini game.
#6) I am currently working on these upcoming posts:
-2.5 Birthday: Scheel's & Cozy Dog Drive-In
-Lincoln Hot Air Balloon Festival
-Pere Marquette 2011
Ok, I think that's it for now. . . Have a great Saturday!


No comments:
Post a Comment