Monday, August 29, 2011

Halloween Decor...

Back to School also means FALL DECOR at this house. I get so excited to decorate for the seasons that it's a little too much for even me to handle! This year I started a little early due to the fact that I was ready for a major change with my large shelf.  I utilize it like a fireplace mantle as I had not 1, but 2 (mantles) in my old house.  So, I have full-on embraced this shelf with love.  Typically I don't put a lot of holiday decor on it & I keep it decorated for 'every day.'  Since Fall was approaching + I needed a change, I did a mix of every day decor + Fall goodies for a nice mix.  You probably don't want to know that this bit of decorating took me 3 evenings to do. Basically, I removed the old decor & dusted to start with a clean slate.  Then, I just started adding things, replacing pictures in frames, covering old books, purchasing a few things here & there, & it's finally complete after a couple of goodies purchased at shops on the square in Washington, IL when I visited my bff, Joy. 
So, here goes... 
BEFORE- Last Summer 

BEFORE- Most Recent

NOW

Left Side
Right Side
 
Detail Photos




I like mix the old decor with the new.  You will see some of my items re-appear each time I re-decorate & other items for the first time as I've recently purchased them or added a coat of spray paint to get the look I want.  The colors are not nearly as *bright because they are more Fall & muted which takes a little bit of getting used to for me since Summer is such a *bright time of year ... but I'm adjusting.  ;)  I have yet to tackle my front patio decor. I'm afraid my neighbors would think I'm a bit crazy- if they don't already- if I was already putting pumpkins out.  Oh wait, I haven't even seen any for sale, yet!
Fall is near~

No comments: