Last weekend we decided -last minute- to ask the lovely Lori at Bettis Photography for a quick photo shoot at a Sunflower Patch. Oh my word, we would've never found that place had we not been following her. It was one of those 'over the river & through the woods' kind of places. Goodness! I attempted to write down directions to help us get back to town (Taylorville) in case our gps had difficulties with the location:
-R thru town
-R on Webster
curve to L
-L on IL 104
-R @ Rumors Bar
-L on Sanchris St Park
-curve R
-curve L
-curve L
-curve L
-curve L, R
-Get it? Got it? Good! ;)
Ha!
This is for reals, folks. Crazy twists & turns that I just couldn't make-up! Thank goodness our gps did fine as we were stopping by my sister's afterwards & we made it there safe & sound.
Anyways, my point it is, I now have one picture to show you of my NOW 2.5 year old captured by Lori. What I love is that it shows his
I love this boy to the core. This summer I have not wanted to be away from him for any length of time. He brings so much joy to us. We laugh constantly when he's around. Even during nap time I have the urge to wake him up because it can get kind of boring without him. I say to him often, "I'm going to eat me some Reddington" & he just giggles. I seriously think I could eat this boy with a spoon! If anything ever happened to him I think you would have to sign me up for an Insane Asylum. Actually, I'd probably be checking my own self in to the place!
I'm just sayin'.
I pray daily that the Lord would bless him with a long life, a heart for Jesus, & that he would bring so much joy to this world full of heartbreak. We sure think he has plenty of joy to go around!
I've been documenting some of what he says in a great Journal, "MY Quotable Kid." Here's two of my favorites so far:
(Me) "You are such a silly boy!"
(R) "I silly boy no more- I big boy!"
(Me) "Give me the pen, please."
(R) "It's Mama's pen no more. It's Daddy's pen no more. It's Mama & Daddy's pen no more!"
I decided to do a little interview to commemorate the occasion of the Mister turning 2.5 ;) I think it will be fun to see how his answers change over time!
What is your name? I don't know Redd
How old are you? I don't know 2
What is your favorite color? I don't know Red
Who is your best friend? Cruz
What is your favorite animal? Papa, 2 Rats
What do you want to be when you grow-up? Papa big & Mimi
What do you like to watch on t.v.? Mickey Mouse
What is your favorite book? Green
What makes you happy? Cheese {as in smiling}
What makes you cry? Daddy
What is your favorite food to eat? Fruit Snacks
What is your favorite song to sing? ABC's
What toys do you like to play? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,7
Who do you love? Cruz
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment