1) Getting into the "Back to School" groove has been a bit more hectic this year than I remember in the past. So much to do at work & so much to do at home just to keep the family going have me spinning in circles! I assume it is because we have added Miss Milannah to the bunch so I have two kiddos in addition to full-time work when I'm only used to one. AND the fact that my Reddington started his own "school" aka pre-school. We're hanging in there! -'Twas The Night Before Pre-school
2) During the school year I make it my goal to stay home during the week as much as possible. If not, I end up with DD. Double Duty, that is, whether it be cleaning, laundry, whatever on the nights that we do stay home. Who signs up for DD? Not me! Once in awhile we do something fun like get Ice Cream with friends or go to dinner with Nathan's parents but I am not interested in doing those things on a weekly basis. We are starting the Alpha course at church and it begins this coming Wednesday. Since dinner is served at church I think that will really help us. Nothing like getting home at 5, making Dinner, cleaning up, changing clothes, & being out the door by 6:15 p.m. Not possible with 2 little ones. I'm thankful that Dinner will be waiting on me each week! Holla! :-)
3) I have lots of editing to do with photos before I can get my next posts on the blog. Stay tuned for:
- First Day? No Way!
- {Fall} theme = Living room *Check out my Home Tour to catch the {Summer} version.
- Labor Day Mix-Up
4) Milannah Joy has become one of the absolute BEST parts of my world. Her gum-y smile is almost more than I can bare. She is such a joy. All of the workers at her Day Care comment at how happy she is. They wish that the other babies were as happy as her! We are enjoying her to the fullest. Our lives have been so enriched because of her. Without going in to too much detail, let's just say that we are well on our way to making her a part of our Forever Family. We were told the beginning of last week that the "Termination of Parental Rights" process could start as early as November. We had been told all along that February of 2013 was the soonest that anything like this could begin. This was a huge answer to prayer.
5) We continue to pray that she is OURS. I have started to let my mind & heart consider the future with her in it. It is hard to do without a tear or two. Her part in our lives has been such a faith journey & we are sure enjoying the ride. We would not change a single day of it, if we could. I have started to think about an "Adoption Party" (possibly red & turquoise?) & want so bad for that to be the biggest celebration for our family in 2013. Join us in prayer, please?
6) On a lighter note, I have looked for no less than 2 years for a pair of carmel-colored "riding boots" with a small heel. I even purchased a "cheap" pair from the beloved Forever 21 & they fell apart. I finally had had enough & decided that no matter what the cost, if I found them, they were mine! The heavens parted & we were finally united last weekend. A co-worker had told me about DSW. Within minutes I had scooped them up & was checking out at the register. I plan to keep these FOREVER. I'm so in love & very anxious for FALL!
7) My wonderful (recently retired) mother has been cooking up a storm & sharing it with us. We've recently enjoyed her BBQ, Jello Cake, Chicken & Noodles, Lasagna, Crazy Cake, & more. "Mimi's Meals on Wheels" has been a blessing to our family the past couple of weeks. Thank you, Mom!
8) We are heading out today for an overnight adventure to Uncle Chad & Auntie Joy's near Peoria. We have not seen them since my 30th Bash in April which is absolutely too darn long! HoltFam4 is stoked to enjoy lots of laughs, Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip cookies, & good times with some of our favorite people, ever.
Happy Weekend, y'all!




No comments:
Post a Comment