Reddington truly enjoyed his "First Day of School." The color of the month is red and the letter that they started with was, of course, the letter "A." I made sure to let Mrs. McDevitt know that he doesn't have a lot of experience in writing- letters, numbers, his name, etc... She was absolutely fine with it & said that's why children attend pre-school. We have focused more on behavior, socialization, discipline, manners, and so on and prefer that he learn in the classroom vs. being bored because he already knows how to do what the teacher is teaching. Make sense? We think so!
When Reddington woke from his nap I had his "First Day of School" cake ready. (Exact same thing we had at my 30th Birthday Party- 3 white circle cakes w/ food coloring, Marshmallow Creme & Rainbow Chip icing) He was elated & couldn't wait to dig in. I plan to make this an annual tradition. I actually had dinner for "Mom's Night Out" so Nathan & Milannah enjoyed the cake with him. Thank goodness they all thought it was delish!



No comments:
Post a Comment