1) I woke up this morning with a little 'pep in my step' when I realized that 1 year from TODAY I will be departing for Ethiopia! So >>> the countdown is on! Each month on the "13th" I will be one month closer to the Mission Trip. As I posted on facebook this morning, "I have to say, I'm most looking forward to wrapping my arms around our Sponsor Child, Endalem. A boy who plays & laughs just like my own kids, yet he needs a sponsor from the other side of the world to help provide his basic needs, education, & teach him about Jesus. I'm ready to go & know that I will leave a part of my heart there. Lord, send me!!!"
And YES...I am sporting my "Simply Love" t-shirt in honor of this special occasion! {grin}
2) The most important men in my life- Hubs, Dad, Father-In-Law, Son- are absolutely loving Paula Deen's, "Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding." We first had it at my 30th Birthday Party as my friend, Sarah, brought it for everyone to enjoy. I'm telling ya, the guys fought over this stuff! It is so good! If you are wanting a light summer-y dessert that everyone will LOVE, this is it!
3) I have been completely stunned at the amount of love shown to us regarding the naming of our Foster Daughter posted here. As of today, I have had over 430 views of this blog post. I think that is the most views I have had of ANY blog post on here. Thank you so much for all of the support you have shown us regarding our Milannah Joy. We are slowly calling her this & don't feel like we're in any rush. We are continuing on this roller coaster and I will say that this journey doesn't get any easier! Today has been especially tough. Just knowing that it could be a long process. . . As in MJ could be 1 1/2 or even 2 years old before anything is final - - - whether she is sent to live with her Birth Parents or us receiving the news that she is officially up for adoption - - - it is a long process. Regardless of the outcome, we will be ok. We were wonderful & blessed as a family of 3 and would be, again, should the courts return her to her Birth Parents. We would jump & shout for joy like never before, should she come up for adoption by us. God knows. I listened to a Joel Osteen sermon today & it really helped me to remember that, "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." Isaiah 55:8
Lord, every single day I have to surrender my thoughts about the future to you. You have everything under control & you have our best interests in mind. We trust you & we love you. Use us to share Your love & to love Milannah Joy as our own while we are enduring this process. Amen



No comments:
Post a Comment