Unfortunately, our sponsor child, Mickiyas, is no longer available to be sponsored by us. When I receieved the email from Karen (the sponsor coordinator) I was so upset. Basically, Mickiyas' grandfather raises him & he has chosen to move closer to the capital city, Addis Ababa, in hopes of more work & a better life for his grandchildren. Because of this move, Mickiyas is no longer within walking distrace of his Care Point, Trees of Glory. I grieve for him because I just want him to be taken care of. If his grandfather is able to provide for him, now, because of this move, then that is wonderful. If his hopes for a better life do not turn out the way that they planned, I hope that they will return so that Mickiyas can get his basic needs met along with education & discipleship at Trees of Glory.
Karen told me that 17 more children have just enrolled and are in need of a sponsor family. Since Mickiyas is no longer our sponsor child, we have chosen to sponsor another boy about the same age. So, let me introduce you to Endalem. He is 9 years old and 1 of 5 children in his family. His mother is only able to find occasional work as a daily laborer.
Introducing Endalem...
Just like with Mickiyas, I cannot wait to meet Endalem next June. Our sponsorship has started so he is already receiving services at "Trees of Glory" Care Point. I hope that he is as excited to meet me as I am to meet him. I'm anxious to give him his "Simply Love" t-shirt & to take a picture together. Our trip is 1 year from June 14th. It really will be here before we know it!



No comments:
Post a Comment