1) I'm back with a very random "WHTGT Randoms" post. Did you expect anything different? {smile} First up, I could not pass up this adorable swim cap for our Baby Girl. Is that 'over the top' cute or what?! Yes, it was a must have if only used for a photo prop!
2) Just to be completely real on here, our carpet is disgusting with a capital D. That is why it is no more! (photos coming this summer) Just to show you a snapshot of how bad it really was, there's no less than a dozen "mystery" spots that look like these all over our house:
Dog?
Paint?
Work Boots?
Diet Coke?
3) Oh my word! I was blown away recently when an old high school friend asked me to make her a rosette necklace. As in 1 necklace. She ended up ordering 3 and because of this little picture posted on facebook, I ended up with close to 10 necklace orders. Considering they take over an hour a piece, that is no small feat the week before school is out, the week before we box up our house, & two weeks before Disney. I am thankful for the little fundraiser, though, to help me reach my Ethiopia goal. I am getting closer! Glad that task can be checked off the to-do list!
5) I took a phone call recently regarding the possibility of adopting an 8 month old little girl. Her parents rights have been terminated & they are looking for an adoptive home. The current Foster Parents are taking excellent care of her but are "older" and aren't interested in adopting her. And what did I say? Why, yes, of course! From what I know, we are 1 of 4 couples being considered, possibly 1 of 5 or 6. That is why I said "yes." I refuse to say "no" to something like that. Instead, I would prefer to let God do His thing considering there are probably 100 things that would have to line up for her to join our family - - just like with the Baby Girl we have now. If it is meant to be, it will be. We have to let go and let God. There's just no other way when you are a Foster Parent. I may be driving a swag wagon & filling it with kids sooner rather than later {grin}.
6) Baby Girl is still rocking our world. We continue to pray that she will be a part of our forever family. We are getting closer. Did I just say that? Well, in fact, yes we are & we couldn't be more excited about it! It is fortunate for us & unfortunate for her Birth Parents. We are so thankful to her Birth Parents for giving us the opportunity to love & cherish a precious little girl. I have to say, her smiles make my day. I love picking her up at daycare. When she sees me & I start talking to her she smiles instantly. She knows her Mama. Yes, I am her Mama. And in case you were wondering... I can love her as my own without giving birth to her. I am now at a point where I have to remind myself that I did not carry her for 40 weeks & give birth to her. It is that real. She is meant to be my daughter.
7) HoltFam3 leaves for Disney in a few days! As excited as I am for this vacation, I am also excited to return to our home & see all of the hardwood floors completely re-done. To say I cannot wait is a huge understatement! I have a gal coming while we're gone to start cleaning up the sawdust & cleaning the house so that we can "move back in" as quick as possible. That is a HUGE blessing!










No comments:
Post a Comment