Saturday, May 19, 2012

LNO: Simply Love


Recently, my church held a Ladies Night Out: Dinner & Shopping in order to host all Women of God. This has replaced the typical "Mother/Daughter Banquet" that takes place around Mother's Day. My mom & sister graciously offered to come along with me.  We were invited to set up a table of goodies to display to help fundraise for our Mission Trip to Ethiopia.  Our "goods" consisted of coasters, framed pictures, wreaths, candles, gift baskets, note cards, etc... The ladies in charge also asked us to speak for a few minutes about our cause & purpose for the trip.  We had a wonderful evening together.  We dined on Fried Chicken & potluck style sides.  I whipped up my Bird's Nests, once again, & they were a hit.  The ladies were very supportive of us and we raised close to $200.00 in a couple of hours. We were thrilled with this!








Find Hot4Handbags on etsy- I suggested back in 2009 that Denise sell her adorable clutches on there & she has now sold over 5,000 pieces! Thanks to my Mom, Tatum & I each got 2 for our Mother's Day gift.  =)









I hope that they do this event, again, next year. It was such a success & the ladies had a great time!

No comments: