Monday, October 31, 2011

Costume Reveal 2011...


For Reddington's 3rd Halloween he is a Train Conductor.  I actually had a difficult time selecting his  costume this year.  I just didn't have a lot of ideas.  I looked online & narrowed it down to two.  When I asked Reddington, he picked this.  I then remembered that my dad had an adorable little doll as a boy named "Buddy Lee," who was a train conductor, too.  So, I made sure that Reddington matched him exactly.  My dad wasn't quite sure about letting Reddington hold the doll for a few pictures but he gave in & I am so glad.  As a boy, my dad had lost the little hat.  On one of her visits  from Kansas before my Grandma passed away, she arrived with the doll & a new hat that she had made.  My dad was so surprised - - in a great way.   This would be the one "toy" that my dad had as a boy that he still has today.  Maddix & Ava were adorable, as always! Reddington is so crazy about those two.
















*Nathan bought a new camera for us right before this event.  I think the picture quality is amazing.  (I did not edit these photos at all.)  It is a Nikon Cool Pix P500.  It has an incredible zoom feature that eliminates the need to "change the lens."  I think it will be perfect for what we will be using it for.  After talking to my sister that has a really nice DSLR camera that she changes the lens on, she suggested that we keep this one.  She loved it & thought it was 100% comparable to her "fancy-schmancy camera" for a bit less cost & a bit smaller.  Actually, our photos were brighter than my sister's as the sun was setting.  She was impressed with the photo quality.  It has HD video capabilities as well.  We are taking our Christmas Card pictures with it tomorrow night so we shall see how they turn out.  :)  Hope you have a fabulous Halloween!

No comments: