My co-worker turned dear friend, Tara, welcomed Baby Girl:
Clarice "Claire" Jeanne Standerfer
September 20, 2011
5:30 a.m.
7 lbs. 6 oz.
20.5"
Tara & I have always been casual friends as we both started teaching at Sullivan Middle School the Fall of 2005. However, our friendship truly blossomed when we were both pregnant & due in the Spring of 2009. I am so thankful to have her as a co-worker & friend. She is always there to listen on difficult days with student issues & is a great confidant when I have questions or frustrations with Reddington. Her boy, Carter Ace, was born 6 weeks after Reddington. I can't imagine working anywhere else since all of my co-workers are top notch. They make going to work such a joy. Knowing that Tara was welcoming a Baby Girl, I signed up to provide breakfast about a week before her scheduled C-Section. She had no idea that it was going to be breakfast turned "Sprinkle" for her! It was such a neat surprise. I decorated the evening before. She actually beat me to school on the day of the event & text me saying, "I'm assuming you've done all this. You made me cry! I love you so much."
She is just the sweetest thing. I coudn't wait to shower this girl & her future princess with love. I enjoy doing this type of thing & I enjoy showing appreciation & love when I have the opportunity.
A couple of other co-workers pitched in with flowers, drinks, fruit & a cake. I treated her with pink candy bracelets, fun girl-y bling rings, Chocolate Chip Cookies Dippied in Chocolate & Sprinkles, Cinnamon Rolls & Blueberry Creme-Cheese French Toast Casserole. (Both from Goldie's Front Porch in Sullivan) Yes, it was as heavenly as it sounds!
I posted this sign near the teacher mailboxes & it was the first glimpse of the event for Tara to see. . .
I made this decoration using the same method as a recycled frame project I did earlier this summer. The only difference was that I printed off vintage flashcards online & spelled out "Baby Girl." Tara is now using this as a hair bow holder for Claire.
I am missing this girl something fierce since she is on Maternity Leave.
She is not due back until after Thanksgiving!














No comments:
Post a Comment