Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday Randoms...


#1) As I mentioned here, I have more details to share with you regarding my Mission Trip to Ethiopia.  The organization we are traveling with is called "Children's Hope Chest" and we are going to help out 'Trees of Glory' Care Point.  According to the website:  "Your $34/month sponsorship provides for the most basic needs of children in the community. HopeChest will provide food, water, access to basic medical care, education and discipleship."  We will be helping to meet these needs of the children that visit the Care Point each day during our trip.
It is so hard to imagine that $34/month can transform a life. But it can in Ethiopia! If you want to sponsor a child, let me know.  I can meet your Sponsor Child & take gifts and pictures to him or her if you would like.  I cannot wait to meet our sponsor child when we visit.  I will introduce you after Christmas!
My sister's little boy's name is Besufekad Gizaw & they are calling him "Bes." I cannot wait to wrap my arms around that gorgeous boy. You know every hug will have a picture taken & every picture taken will have tears!  Meet the newest member of my sister's family, Bes:


#2) I have already been blessed with my first fundraising opportunity at my church.  I set up a table loaded with hand-made glittered-sewn-framed-glued goodies to sell last Sunday since it was the week before Christmas.  It was quite a success and I was thrilled with the results.  I raised about $200.00 in a few hours.  The Lord sent shoppers & I am so thankful!
Please pray that the Lord will bless my shoppers from yesterday. I had one lady that just moved to the area that wrote a $10.00 check for 2 items in faith that the money would be there by the time the check was deposited.  Since I am leaving on her birthday she truly felt that she should support me.
Sunday's Shoppers (by last name):
Howerton
Reynolds
Holden
Inman
Barker
Zuber
Miller
Robinson
Greenwell
Anonymous

Goal: $3,000.00 by August 3
Saved/Fundraised $660.64
Balance: $2339.36

#3) Here I mentioned a new tradition that I started this year involving Reddington's Babysitter & a book. Below is Stacey's heart-felt letter to Reddington.  Yes, there were tears from me & my other half, believe it or not!
Redd,
It has been my pleasure to see your smiling face for the last 3 years.  You have been blessed with a delightful personality even through the terrific twos! When I think of you, I will remember how you loved your Dad...how you were always the first to clean your plate... how hard it was to discipline you because you seem to find some humor in it...how you refused to call Gaby by her name and decided she was "Abby" ...how cute it was that you followed Phil around in the morning and asked dozens of questions...how you called me "Stace" and all the other kids began to do it as well...and lastly...how no matter how sick, tired, or frustrated you felt- you always faced the day the Reddington way - - happy. =)
With much love,
Stacey

#4) I can't remember the last time that Reddington had a potty-training accident. I guess I can officially say that my boy is completely potty-trained at the age of 2 3/4 (he will turn 3 in February).  I'm one happy Mama!

#5) Christmas Break begins at 3:15 today. Enough said!

#6) The Target Gift Card Giveaway ends at 9 p.m. TONIGHT! Make sure that you have become a follower and entered the giveaway here.  I will post the winner sometime after 9!

#7) Take time to enjoy these days before Christmas.  You will never have one exactly like Christmas 2011, again.

No comments: