Wednesday, April 11, 2012

First Time's A Charm



I had no idea when Reddington should make his debut at the Dentist. I did know, however, that brushing his teeth was quite a chore.  I want them to be shine-y & for him to have healthy teeth. I had also heard of friends that had waited too long to take their child & he or she ended up with multiple cavities. I did not want that! I also thought that by taking him & introducing him to Dr. Cole, it would encourage him to brush more often & with a better attitude. We shall see! It may just be wishful thinking.... Dr. Cole did compliment him on his teeth & said they look better than most adults. Thank goodness!
It turned out to be a bit of an adventure for both of us. I had no clue that he would be sitting/laying on my lap the entire time. Now, that was uncomfortable. I think he would've been just fine in the seat alone but I guess that's how they do the "Happy Visit" for kids. I also had an appointment to get X-Rays taken. Therefore, that boy of mine was playing with about 14 toys + toothbrush + balloon pup while I was trying to have X-Rays done in the other room. Not real easy to keep an eye on him. He loved all of the gadgets & fun stuff that the Dentist office offers...probably a little too much! I'm sure they were glad to see both of us go!





See you in 6 months, Dr. Cole! 

No comments: