Monday, April 4, 2011

Bring On The PINK...

...not so fast! 
It's been quite awhile since I've mentioned the topic of Foster Parenting.  Even though it appears to be an area of our lives that is quite boring right now, it's everything but that! I first mentioned it in this post here: You're The Inspiration.  We officially became liscensed to be Foster Parents in July of 2010. We've recently had two phone calls to take children.  Neither turned out the way we would've hoped! Basically, we got a "heads up" phone call about 2 weeks ago stating that we would get a call within a week for a 5 Year Old girl.  She had been hit by a car & upon release from the hospital, she would be coming to stay with us.  A couple days after that we had a 2nd call & it was for a 7 Year Old girl.  We said "no" to the 2nd call since we were already getting the 5 year old girl which is what the investigator that called us suggested- WELL, long story short, it didn't work out with the 5 year old due to extenuating circumstances.  We had already said "no" to the 7 Year Old so YES, we were disappointed & upset.  We learned that we will never say "no" in the future unless we ALREADY have a child at our home in our care- not waiting for a phone call on a child.  I wish I could say, "Bring On The PINK"  but it's not time - - - quite yet!

No comments: