Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Guest House > Kind Hearts CarePoint {Day 7}


After a couple of relaxing days, we were all ready to jump back in & see the kids.  Kind Hearts CarePoint was our destination for the day.  One of the vehicles stopped at a local sheep market to purchase 6 sheep that would become the children's special Lunch the next day as a gift from us.  What an experience! The animals were tied on top of the vehicle in a luggage rack & then instantly killed, skinned, & sliced up to be cooked for the feast.
After Lunch we handed out the Care Packages to the kids.  My task was to be at the front of the line of children & release each child to the next available team member to receive their package.  I made sure to hold hands with every single child.  It was precious.
Our big "drama" for the day would be that Bekah dropped her iPhone down the hole/toilet.  Oh my word! It ended up taking a couple of hours but it was RETRIEVED. We couldn't believe it.  It did have a Lifeproof case on it & even turned on while still covered in feces.  No one could believe it.  That was an event I'll never forget! HA!
After the day at the CarePoint we stopped at a local coffee shop which would be an Ethiopian version of a Starbucks.  It was so fun! Lots of people everywhere.  I had chocolate ice cream & it was delicious.  We left there to have dinner at an authentic Ethiopian restaurant called, "Yod abyssinia Cultural."  There was a metal detector at the door because if Diplomats travel to Addis Ababa, they always go to this restaurant.  The entertainment was fun- singing/dancing by performers of all of the local tribes song & dance. Fun! The place had a VERY smokey/incense vibe to it.  Halena ordered for us.  I couldn't stomach the food.  I tried two bites & dry heaved both times.  I just couldn't do it.  I was thankful for the fun experience but exhausted & by the end of the night I couldn't wait to get to bed & do it all, again, the next day!






 























 "Yod abyssinia Cultural" Restaurant




 



No comments: