Happy New Year! I didn't expect to take such a long blog break- but -I have to admit, it was kind of nice! So, here goes our Christmas celebrations...
I guess you could say we've made it our family tradition to celebrate on Christmas Eve. Since Christmas Day is 2-3 stops for us each year, we'd rather spread things out a little bit! My parents stop by to eat & watch Reddington & Milannah open gifts. They also take photos for us & then we part ways and go to Christmas Eve Service at each of our churches. Ours was at 7 p.m. this year & theirs was at 7:30. We do not go overboard, by any means, with gifts. We love to do gifts but also realize that both kids will open presents at their grandparents & it's just not necessary. Reddington got a Gravedigger tent, a few small gifts, & tickets to the Monster Truck Nationals at The Assembly Hall in Champaign next Sat., January 19th. Milannah got a few small gifts as she doesn't know the difference &, once again, my kids have everything they need. :-) It was very special to celebrate Milannah Joy's 1st Christmas. Last year she was in the NICU & we didn't know she was going to be our daughter.
Oh, and my the way, I forgot to mention that 1 year ago TODAY we first laid eyes on Miss Milannah Joy! {Blog post here.} I received the call around 11 a.m. & was at St. John's Hospital by 3 p.m. to begin the process of bringing her home. What an amazing year it's been. A complete surprise to us & completely planned by the Lord. Blessed be the name of the Lord!
My friend, Leslie, from church is also a Language Arts educator & she recently moved about an hour away. I was stoked to see her at the Christmas Eve Service!
Up Next = Christmas Day 2012










No comments:
Post a Comment