Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Randoms...


#1) As I mentioned on my last post, Thank You being a faithful reader of WHTGT and sticking with me even if my posts do seem kind of random & don't quite flow... I create posts when I have time & then set them to publish. If I have something on my mind that I really want to say, I add those posts in, too. Hence the recent post about baby & then I jumped back into Christmas festivities. Ha! Since I have quite a few things to catch-up on here, I thought the most effective way would be a WHTGT Randoms post. Hope y'all don't mind but with not one, but TWO littles in my house now, this is what works best! So, here goes. . .   

#2) I have been posting about my Mission Trip to Ethiopia.  Our original travel dates were August 3-13, 2012. Quite a few scheduling things have come up, including a HUGE prayer request answered which has pushed back the trip. I will admit - - - at first I cried & was really disappointed.  I already feel invested in the trip because I am almost 1/3 of the way to my goal! Then, all things considered (especially Disney) I started liking the idea of not going until Summer of 2013. So, I'm thrilled to say that just Tuesday we received our travel dates & they are June 14-24, 2013! June is actually the ideal time to be in Ethiopia.  Our group got our "pick" of dates & we wanted mid-June. I'm so happy that this is on the calendar & I can continue fundraising with an end in mind. I'm also glad to have more time to fundraise & prepare for a trip of a lifetime. Now, I feel like I can focus on Disney & not have two major trips within a couple of months. 
Goal: $3,000.00
Total so far: $860.00
Balance: $2140.00

#3) I found out yesterday morning that Reddington's babysitter has accepted a job outside the home! She actually was hired for a secretarial postition at my school that she didn't even apply for.  There had been some issues with babysitting and she was considering a different career path because she wasn't sure that child care was still the right fit for her.  She was also interested in Benefits & Retirement which her current job did not provide. I am SO HAPPY for her.  But, any of you that have children know how hard it is to find honest, reliable, reasonable, full-time child care!  Within 45 minutes of receiving the news, I called Reddington's babysitter that we have scheduled for next year. The good news = She has an opening & will accept Reddington starting Feb. 6, 2012! Praise the Lord! That is all I can say.


#4) The biggest thing going on in our lives right now would be the addition of Baby Girl & our attempt at Fostering Love into her life. Remember how I said that God worked out every single detail? He has continued to do this for our family. I have never felt closer to Jesus than I have throughout this entire experience that we've endured the past 9 days. It's like he goes before us on every single thing & prepares the way so that all of the issues, deadlines, phone calls, & so forth happen right on time.  It is just unbelievable to me.  Not that I should doubt that He is who He says He is, but just seeing everything work out so perfect is such a faith-builder for me. I believe that this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.  This is my heart.  This is how I am supposed to make a difference in a dark world - - even if it's just for one baby girl.  She has brought our family unexplainable joy.  So many people say things like: "I couldn't give her back." or "I couldn't care for her & not get attached." You know what? GOD KNOWS. He knows the plan for her life & right now we are part of the big plan.  If she was placed back with her parents today or next week or next year & we knew the outcome before saying, "Yes" we would've still said "yes."  Will we be broken-hearted when & if she returns home at any point & is not up for Adoption by us? Absolutely! Is it hard to do this? Sometimes! But, is it worth it? Yes!
Our pastor said to me on Sunday: "You're doing it. You're living it out. You're doing the book."  And my response, "Someone has to."  If not us, who? If not now, when? Little Sister would be in another home had we said "no." Someone has to care for her right now.       
What do I hope will come of this experience? I hope to inspire or encourage others to do something for someone other than themselves - - whatever that may be for you. For us it is Foster Care with the option to Adopt. For you it may be participating in the Big Brother/Big Sister program, serving meals at a local Food Pantry, taking cookies to a neighbor, or even delivering goodie bags to the homeless.  Sure, it's nice & comfortable to relax, enjoy nice dinners, go to the theatre, take luxurious vacations and I'm just as guilty as anyone.  But what can we do to make a difference in this world?
I count it as one of my highest honors or privileges in this life to care for this miracle.  She is a princess, after all. She is royalty. She's a daughter of the King - - just like you & me. 


"Orphans of God" Song Lyrics  By: Avalon
Who here among us has not been broken
Who here among us is without guilt or pain
So oft’ abandoned by our transgressions
If such a thing as grace exists
Then grace was made for lives like this

There are no strangers
There are no outcasts
There are no orphans of God
So many fallen, but hallelujah

There are no orphans of God
Come ye unwanted and find affection
Come all ye weary, come and lay down your head
Come ye unworthy, you are my brother

If such a thing as grace exists
Then grace was made for lives like this
O blessed Father, look down upon us
We are Your children, we need Your love

We run before Your throne of mercy
And seek Your face to rise above
 

No comments: