...has been a little crazy-busy for HoltFam3 recently. I wish I could say it wasn't so! I have been the high school's Scholastic Bowl Coach for years (lost track of how many!) & this year I am co-coaching the middle school team with one of my friends/co-workers, Tara. I really enjoy doing this. The students are great & we have 'quite the variety' on the team. When we go to meets other teams kind of look at us funny because we have a couple of the typical "brains" followed by a few jocks, preps, & the middle of the road. Last night was another late night & I arrived home at 10:20 p.m. for the hubs to walk out at 10:30 to get to his 3rd shift at CAT by 11. Yesterday was a long day! However, I am
thankful for the every day & the details that make it our life. Last night Nathan picked Reddington up at the babysitters & I got a quick minute with him in the car. I didn't think I would see him until today so I was so happy that I even got just
1 minute with my boy. I have to remind myself to slow down & soak in
life as we know it. While reading other blogs I sometimes wish that I could post more often & more about the details that make us who we are on a daily basis. I do that once in a blue moon but not as often as I'd like. I think I used to do a better job at this. Since it's a scrapbook of our lives I get wrapped up in thinking that it needs to be the
perfect blog post with the
perfect pictures of my smiling boy.
HA! I'm sure you've all noticed that Reddington is not interested in "smiling on demand." :0) I strive to work on being a little more transparent & showing some of the imperfections of our every day >>>Right now I'm sitting in a heap of 'Thank You' notes from Reddington's Birthday while my students are ISAT testing - - I have monkey stickers, stamps, envelopes, return address labels, addresses, photos, & more scattered in piles on my desk that aren't organized & this post allowed me to procrastinate a little more! ;) Anyways, thank you for sticking with me on this journey that "We Have The Golden Ticket" has taken us on. I have truly enjoyed the blog world, the encouragement that has come from it, & the knowledge that comes from women blogging their lives for the world to read. To end, I want to share with you one of my favorite "
mommy bloggers" from
In This Wonderful Life. Her name is also Megan & she has one son, Cohen, who is an Angel. Check out her latest answer to prayer
here.
No comments:
Post a Comment