Friday, March 11, 2011

Reddington's 2nd Birthday {PARTY}

Welcome to all of the blog readers stopping by from Thirty Handmade Days for Pity Party 40! I am linking up this post with her today.  Hosting & entertaining are two of my favorite things to do.  We celebrated Reddington's 2nd Birthday with a "Paul Frank" monkey theme at our house.  His birthday was on February 5th & the party was held on Feb. 26, 2011.  His party was definitely a labor of love & I was thrilled with how everything turned out!  


Invite Wording:
Monkey See, Monkey Do-
Our little monkey is turning
TWO!
Swing on over to celebrate
Reddington's 2nd Birthday!
Let's go bananas on
Saturday, 2.26.11
11:30 a.m.
Lunch, Sweet Treats, Monkey Games, & More!


I would've never dreamt that these adorable props purchased on etsy for around $30.00 would've provided so much fun, entertainment, & laughs for all ages!  They were a hit & I'm so glad that I decided to do the "Photo Booth!" 
Between etsy, Nathan's Grandma, my Mom, & myself, the entire party was put together.  I made almost everything with a little help from the others.  I started preparations around November so that I wouldn't be rushed. I'm so glad I did!






Decorations:
 Pennant Flags
Construction paper circle banners
Construction paper pennant banners
Mason Jars
Tissue Paper #2
Scrabble letters
Balloons
Birthday Balloon Wreath
Keep Calm Prints
Personalized Tags



"KEEP CALM AND HAVE A CUPCAKE"
"KEEP CALM AND PARTY ON"


The 'kid-friendly' lunch consisted of 10 'Torpedo' sandwiches from La Gondola, chips & dip, yogurt, & drinks.  We invited about 65 people & had about 50 attend.  We were so thankful that we had "just enough" lunch food. 

Tag read: Happy 2nd Birthday, Reddington!


Below is the entrance to the downstairs.  This is where guests found the Dessert Buffet & Party Room!
 

I first thought I would have a "Candy Buffet" but soon realized that there's not a whole lot of candy that 2 year olds can eat safely! SO, I opted for a "Dessert Buffet" instead. It included: Red Velvet Cupcakes- in-a-Jar, Marshmallow Pops, Bananas, Banana flavored Moon Pies, Fruit Loops, White-Chocolate covered Oreos with yellow sprinkles, Cotton Candy, Birthday cake, Banana Laffy Taffy, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oatmeal Creme Pies, & Banana Split Rolls.  Party guests were given a clear cellophane bag with a tag that said "Thank You for swinging by!" which could hold all of their Sweet Treats from the Dessert Buffet.  It also had a couple of toys & a wallet size photo of Reddington inside all to say "Thank You" for coming. 


 


Reddington's "Birthday shirt" purchased at the Paul Frank Store in Chicago when visiting Ryan & Kristin last summer.  Immediately I knew it would be his 2nd Birthday Party theme.



Entertainment:
Bingo
Pin the Banana on the Monkey
Coloring
Photo Booth






Bring on the CAKE!








Monkey See, Monkey Do... Reddington is turning 2!



Thank you for stopping by for a re-cap of Reddington's 2nd Birthday Party. Hopefully you can tell that I LOVE celebrating my BOY!  It's a good thing it's only once a year!  :0)
 

No comments: