Friday, December 25, 2009

Why Didn't I Think of That...?

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." --Isaiah 9:6
"...and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." -- Luke 1:7
Merry Christmas from the Holt Family! Happy Birthday, Jesus!
While viewing others' Christmas decor online exactly 3 days ago, I decided that I had one more decoration to affix before the Christmas season could continue. Bare with me as I used ornaments & ribbon that I had on hand... I promise to do it up a little better next year~ For now, you get the jist... Right?
I especially think it looks festive with the lighting this a-way... And I can't forget to mention our newest Christmas decor purchase now that we have a little one in the house with no chimney for Santa. Let me add that we haven't, yet, discussed how we will approach the whole "Santa" thing & how long we'll try to keep it a little secret from Reddington. We both loved growing up believing in Santa & want him to enjoy the 'pretend' part of Christmas. However, our main desire will be to stress the true meaning of Christmas. Luke 2: 10-11: "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior--yes, the Messiah, the Lord--has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!" Take this "Magic Key" & Hang it on the door so tight Santa's on his way to you in his sleigh with presents, too... He tip toes in, not missing a house Jolly old elf, quiet as a mouse Whispering magic in each child's ear Comes to deliver some Holiday Cheer! We hope that you have the most wonderful day celebrating with your families. We have two stops planned today & look forward to the fun that awaits us as we celebrate Reddington's very 1st Christmas. Safe Travels & God Bless!

No comments: