Friday, February 6, 2009

Introducing Reddington Forrest Holt...

Finally, I have a chance to do the first part of the "2 part Post" on here! It's about 6:00 A.M. on Saturday & after given my pain medication I decided to wrap this up... We are hoping to go home today if Reddington checks out ok--- Eating Wise & Jaundice Number (You will have to forgive me that some of these photos are out of order...this is the best I can do right now!)
Feb. 4, 2009: 7 A.M. arrival at the hospital to be "induced" Nathan's brother, Matt, works at the hospital so we asked for him, specifically, to walk us up to the OB floor... Who's the patient here?! :-) What's it going to be? We will find out soon! Tatum
Dr. Nathan...Cutest one in scrubs I ever did see!
This is when we were still "laughing" during the induced labor part of our journey...
Yes, that's me putting on make-up...When I found out that I was having a C-Section at 7:30 a.m. I decided to create my own little "powder room" right there and freshen up...It gave me something to do to pass the time until I met Reddington! Yes, a pregnant girl can still be high maintenance just moments before delivery... & proud of it :-)
Goofy!
Baby is born...Results are in! Yes, Nathan had two pieces of paper...One to reveal "It's a Boy" & one to reveal "It's a Girl" He only got out the piece of paper for the one that applied...I told him "no joking" with the family...they've waited long enough!!! ***A lot of visitors have asked where we got his first name from... It kind of started with a co-worker who is from Redding, California. I also googled "unusual boy names" & Remington & Reddington were listed. Since Nathan loves shortened names & there are 'options' for that with Reddington, we went with Reddington. I would like for him to be called "Reddington" but I told Nathan, "it's your son-- you can call him whatever you want!" He goes back & forth between "Red" "Ready" & "Reddington" I think it's cute to say, "Are you ready, Ready?!" :-) We have had a great response to the name & are thrilled that everyone loves it as much as we do! We thought it was "unique" but not "weird" & went with the easiest spelling possible!
Waiting to be asked to come into the OR. They say Dr. Morisetty cuts with precision... It seemed like forever before Nathan was able to come in since they were opening me up. Most Dr.'s C-Sections take about 30-45 minutes & our Dr. took from 9:10 a.m. until a little after 11. I got a nice little nap in there while he was hand stitching me-instead of staples-so I didn't mind...
WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU! The most exciting time of our lives...
My parents & baby's "namesake" My dad's name is Forrest. I felt honored to name our baby after him & Nathan was very supportive of this. I just couldn't resist-- I'm crazy about my dad just like Reddington is already crazy about his dad!
SURVEY RESULTS:
Thanks to a wonderful friend from college, we have the survey results already! Maryann went through them & "tallied" the votes! Nathan & I thought that was so neat and LOVED seeing what everyone voted! Thank you, again, Maryann & all of our "registered voters!" We love this!!!
*Valerie, Amy R., Maryann, Tara, Sage, Elizabeth, Becca, and Uncle Roy all guessed a BOY correctly! *Amy R., Maryann, Tara, Elizabeth, Becca, Dennis & Lori, and Uncle Roy all guessed the date correctly - Feb 5, 2009. *Dennis and Lori got closest to Reddington's birth time with their guess of 9:49 a.m., just one minute later than his actual birth time. *Dennis and Lori also guessed the closest to his birth weight with their guess of 7 lbs. 11 oz., just 2 ounces off. *Amy R. got the closest to his birth length with her guess of 21 inches, just .5 inches off.

No comments: