Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I'm Back + {HUGE} NEWS

WELL... let's just say that summer didn't go as "planned" in a HUGE way. Totally fine, just not what I thought it was going to be when we returned from Disney World. Let me start from where I left off.  Our vacation was going as planned & we were at our final day of Magic Kingdom on Thursday, June 5th. I got my phone out at Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride to take a photo w/ the kids & it was ringing when Nathan handed it back to me.  I didn't recognize the number so I just answered it. It was DCFS saying that they had a 2 day old African American baby girl for us! I couldn't believe it. I said "We're at Disney World & will be home tomorrow." They said they would check on some things & get back to me & to make sure I answered my phone. Talk about nerve wracking! We were headed to the Buzz Lightyear Ride so I turned the volume up on my phone & headed that way with everyone. My phone rang & DCFS asked the names & birthdays of Reddington & Milannah so they could continue checking. AT THAT POINT, I REALLY thought this is good... we're getting her. Again, my phone rang ON THE Buzz Lightyear Ride & I was told that we WERE GETTING THE BABY GIRL the following Monday. I was YELLING on the ride, telling Nathan, & our friends that were travelling with us. SO, let's just say a little bit of shock the rest of the day & wondering if it would all fall into place like we had been told. Keep in mind it was Thursday, we were leaving for home on Friday, & we were told we would get the baby girl on Monday, June 9th.

To be continued...
:-)

1 comment:

The NV Mingays said...

What amazing huge news! That I already knew but is still so exciting. :) Welcome back!!