On June 13th the time had finally arrived! My sister & I, along with a group of 17 others, were Ethiopia BOUND! We flew from STL > DC. It was very bittersweet to say goodbye to Nathan, Reddington, & Milannah. I was so excited that it was FINALLY time to head to the airport, but also nervous about everything. My mom was so sweet to make little dolls for the kids. The LOVED them! My parents drove us to the airport where we met up with our group.
As soon as we arrived in Washington DC, we checked into our hotel & went straight to our Segway Tour at City Segway. They were gracious to grant us a private tour. I have to say, this was one of the highlights of the trip as I never dreamt I would get to experience D.C. for the 1st time AND go to Africa. Not to mention that the Segways were A BLAST! Our tour was over 3 hours long & our tour guide was very knowledgeable. I would HIGHLY recommend this as an avenue for seeing all of D.C. in a short amount of time!
We hadn't eaten all day & were starving! We enjoyed a yummy dinner at Burger, Tap, & Shake. It was SO GOOD!
DAY 2 = AFRICA BOUND!



No comments:
Post a Comment