Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I think I have a "Toddler" or a "Cruiser" on my hands...

Mr. Reddington recently had his "1 Year Well-Baby" Dr.'s visit. Until then, I had not thought of him as a "toddler" for whatever reason...
Tod-dler [tod-ler] -noun
A young child who is of the age of learning to walk between infancy & childhood. Toddling usually begins between the ages of 12 and 18 months. During the toddler stage, the child also learns a great deal about social roles, develops motor skills, and first starts to use language. To toddle is to walk unsteadily; the term cruising is sometimes used for toddlers who cannot toddle but must hold onto something while walking.
I was surprised to hear that Reddington has gained less than 1 pound in over 3 months! He eats EVERYTHING but since he is so active he isn't gaining much. Kim, the Nurse Practicioner, was perfectly happy with Reddington's growth & development. He was actually quite sick at his appointment with a cold but was in great spirits & loved being there!
STATS:
Height: 31 Inches Long (50-75th Percentile)
Weight: 22lbs 8 oz (50-75th Percentile)
Head: 18 Inches (Has not changed at all- STILL in the 90th Percentile)
One thing I know for sure...I am cRaZy about my cruiser!

No comments: