Thursday, March 19, 2009

6 Weeks of Reddington...

Dear Reddington, You are 6 weeks old today! Time has has flown by...I can't believe how much you've changed & how you have grown into "our Reddington." In the beginning I thought every newborn looked alike & now when I see other newborns, I know that you had your own unique features & looks from day one. Daddy & I love you more than life itself & would do anything for you. We are so proud of you & tell you that constantly. Just today, I put you next to your "Big R" & you looked at for just a few seconds & were snoozing in no time. I was overjoyed to see you so content & happy while sleeping peacefully. We fall more in love with you every day & are thrilled to be living life with you. We have had so much fun this first 6 weeks; we've introduced you to so many friends & family that love you already. You will never be left to wonder whether you are loved. I go back to work next week & although it will be very difficult to leave this little one, I know that I will enjoy my time with him even more & not take it for granted.

Lord, please help me to treasure my time with Reddington, to be filled with energy & love when I arrive home from work to embrace him & take care of his every need with joy... "A baby changes everything..."

  • Reddington @ 6 Weeks:
  • You weigh somewhere between 10 & 11 pounds. Daddy stepped on the scale with & without you & that's how we came up with that number. You are a wonderful eater & like to eat every 2-3 hours if you're awake. If you are sleeping, you can go 3-4 hours during the day.
  • We have a bedtime routine consisting of 9:30 bath time, diaper, pajamas, feeding, & bed. You do so well & sleep between 4-6 hours before eating & then sleep again for 2-3 more hours.
  • As soon as you arrived everyone thought you had some "curl in your hair" & that hasn't changed. I would love for you to have naturally curly hair like your momma!
  • I put a Sleep & Play on you tonight for bed & the pant legs are too short & I can see your skinny legs. This is the first time I've put something on you that you'd "outgrown." However, you don't know any different & you're snoozing soundly in the outfit.
  • You are starting to like baths. Sometimes I love when you cry really hard because it reminds me of the first time I heard you cry before you were out of my tummy (tear). I remember saying, "What is it?" since I could hear you cry & Dr. Morisetty said, "We don't know, yet!" (Dr. M actually knew from an Ultrasound--but kept the surprise until you were fully exposed!) You were crying before your entire body even entered the world.
  • I love to hold you close against me & let your eyes wander. Everyone comments at how strong you are & how hold your head up to look around. Mimi says you look like a turtle & I must admit, I agree!
  • Daddy & I are eaten up with love for you...You are so delightful. Thank you, Jesus, for allowing us to parent this beautiful little Reddington.

No comments: