Monday, November 9, 2009

Better Late Than Never...Right?

My Project's Final Result:
Since I was a little unsure of myself performing this little "project" with my boy,
I decided to document it with photos & blog about it, hoping it will inspire some of my readers in Blog world to tackle your next project & GO.FOR.IT!
We received this adorable little handprint (or footprint) kit as a shower gift. I had put off doing this for some unknown reason...A couple of weeks ago Nathan mentioned that it would be neat to have Reddington's handprint since only his footprints were done in the hospital. Therefore, that was my green light on Reddington's 9 month birthday! The "kit" consisted of dough, miniature rolling pin, tool to poke holes, instructions, circle cutter, & 3 pieces of ribbon to choose from: white, pink, & blue. A "toy" for Reddington?!?!
I am pretty happy with the results. Since this was a "no mess" kit, the dough was in a packaged envelope & required no mixing or adding of water. Therefore, I couldn't flatten it to the size of circle recommended because it was too tough. If I were to do this exact kit again with another little one, I would do it when he/she is younger & not as active. Reddington was all over the place & Nathan wasn't home to help. As you can see, Reddington loved the materials in the kit & was much more impressed by those items than making his handprint. Live & Learn! :0)
{Thanks, Amy, for this shower gift...aren't you proud? Ha!}

No comments: